1) Buy small tins of paint in a range of shades. This is a great way to make sure the colour you love looks as great on your walls as it looks online. You can buy Sadolin small tins at any good hardware store.
2) Before painting the walls, apply two coats to a piece of A4 lining paper. Hang the paper on different walls. Check them at different times of the day to see how the colour changes in sunlight and under artificial light. The effects of light especially influence whites.
3) Which direction does your room face? Remember that most colours will look a little darker and colder in rooms that face north because the light is cool and flat.
4) Wet paint looks very different to dry paint. Wait until the paint is completely dry before you decide if you want to keep it.
5) Most importantly, trust your own opinion. If you love it, it’s right.